Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) stands in need for the admission to Indian Institute of Information Technology (IITs), National Institute of Technology (NITs) and for other colleges, which are delegated as Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFITs). This engineering entrance examination constitutes two different papers- Paper 1 & Paper2. Candidates have the option to undertake either one or both the exams according to their requirements. Both papers contain objective type questions and most of the time, the topics fall under the category, unlike other board exams. The syllabus may be outside the domain and you will have to follow the tips and tricks for tackling JEE Mains preparation. National Testing Agency conducts the JEE Mains April 2019, twice this year. JEE Mains is also obligatory for screening the candidates, who are willing to appear JEE Advanced Exam.
Who are eligible for JEE Mains 2019?
The candidates who have passed their 12th Examination in 2018, or who are ready to appear their Class 12th Exams in 2019, are entirely eligible for applying the JEE Mains 2019. You need to make sure that the candidates are of science stream in their Class 12. Moreover, the candidates who have passed their Class 12 in the year 2017, can also attempt this examination in the year 2019.
Also Read: How to prepare for JEE Advanced in 2019
Strategy to Prepare Yourself for JEE Mains
Since you will have to consider time at its premium, and maintain your accuracy to your fullest, preparing for the exam is not just like the plain ritual of mechanical learning. One cannot simply crack JEE mains with a conventional overnice study routine. You will have to break down the ideal syllabus and strictly unlock the secrets behind every topic.
Let us now have a look at some of the tips for JEE mains in 2019,
- Note down the ideal syllabus provided for the exam under each subject. Include some of the advanced topics related to the syllabus, as an additional note. Since the syllabus is entirely different from those recommended for other board exams, you need to cover all the topics that may be missing in JEE Mains syllabus.
- The simplest way to get into touch with the JEE question pattern is to make yourself undergo the official mock tests. Study the pattern and get to know about its real structure.
- You can make use of old question papers as well for the preparation for JEE mains 2019 / JEE Mains April 2019. You need to work on those, to get statutory practice.
- You can also seek official JEE FAQ for enquiring general questions.
- Apart from the regular practice and study routine, follow up a unique tactic to unlock all possible topics related to the syllabus prescribed for JEE Mains preparation.
- Do not just rely on NCERT books alone, because only this is not going to help in scoring high in JEE Mains. Hunt for related topics in the books like I.L.Finar and I.E. Irodov, that will give you knowledge in a better and advanced technique.
- Always update yourself with the latest changes in the JEE Mains Exam by keeping an eye on the official statements.
Brief Check on the Exam Pattern
Once you get underway to regulate these tricks and tips for JEE Mains in 2019, there are no other secrets left to reveal, which can stop you from scoring high in the exam. Make yourself clear about what is literally required for you. JEE Mains Paper1 is required for the admission to B.E./B.Tech, whereas Paper2 is for B.Arch and B.Planning itineraries. Paper1 is conducted only online, and Paper2 goes offline only. You need to lay a database for yourself to follow the same, which should clearly state what you are up to.
After being familiar with the exam, now study the exam pattern rigorously for JEE Mains Preparation,
- The duration of the examination will last up to three hours
- JEE Mains 2019 will carry 90 Objective questions
- You will get 30 Questions from Physics topic, 30 from Chemistry and remaining 30 from Math
- For correct attempts, you will score 4 Marks each. And for the incorrect answers, you are deducted 1 Mark each
Set Your Mind
For appearing into the JEE Mains Exam 2019, candidates must decode their mind with the entire strategy of exam preparation, long before they set to start. Just planning the strategy and not regulating the same, is not going to make any sense. You need to set a timetable, stow your mind, balance the approach and then get ready for the preparation. Again, only when you prepare yourself with the requisite knowledge and topics, you will be competent to score as high as you desire.