Congrats on clearing your JEE Mains and now here you are already preparing for JEE Advanced. In this article, we will look at the tips to be ahead in the preparation game and crack one of the toughest examinations.
What is JEE?
JEE Joint Entrance Examination is the exam held yearly as admission process into various engineering colleges in India. The JEE questions are of objective pattern consists of two examinations the JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Students who cleared the JEE Mains are eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced examination.
First of all, know the following things about the JEE Advanced 2019 examination so that you will get a clear idea as for how to prepare.
JEE Advanced 2019 examination contains a numerical and objective type of questions held as 2 papers, also each paper has 3 sections Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
JEE Advanced preparation would be easy if the marking scheme of the exam in understood well. Furthermore, the prepare for JEE Advanced 2019 is based on the information of marking scheme of earlier years exam. Marks for the single correct answer and one or more correct answers ins and sections have different marking scheme.
Tips of preparation of JEE Advanced
What-When-Where: What is the pattern of the exam? When is the scheduled date? Where are the resources available?
- Goal and lists: Ultimate goal is to score rank below 5000. For this prepare the timetable and lists to be followed monthly, weekly, daily. Set the goals, sub-goals, achieve them.
- Study environment: The place of study should be a fixed place, with proper lighting and clutter free. Keep in place the books, stationery, water and other things that help you in conversation while studying.
- Physical and mental health: One has to be physically fit to be able to study long hours. Keep the mental health alive by taking breaks to listen to music or other activities you enjoy.
- Paper and Syllabus Analysis: Once the exam pattern and marking schemes are better understood, concentrate on those topics which you have a good grip and sure of right answers you can get. This helps you score more in that section resulting in a good score of the exam.
- Books for preparation: Cengage series for Maths. Resnick Halliday Crane, HC Verma, IE Irodov for Physics. Atkins, P. Bahadur Numerical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry: JD Lee, Himanshu Pandey or MS Chouhan for Chemistry. Likewise solves earlier papers as well.
- Hard work: Work hard, put in your best consequently success shall follow. Hard work always pays off. It’s most noteworthy. Above all hard work yields results.
- Practice: Practise makes man perfect. Don’t just read, put things on paper. Keep solving and practicing by writing then you will reach the speed where you might not need a pen or paper to solve. Furthermore, solving the earlier JEE papers as well to have a proper understanding of the exam.
- Doubt free: Whenever or wherever you get stuck when understanding a concept or solving a problem, do not postpone for the reason that more doubts along the way. Refer notes or approach the right person and get the doubts resolved as soon as possible.
- Revision: Never think once read or solved gets the work done. Continuous practice and the revision is needed to increase your memory on the topics. Make it a habit to write notes. This shall help you in quick revision.
- Quality over quantity: Spending long hours isn’t just enough for you to prepare well. How much you understand and learn matters. Quality of time and the subject learned is of utmost importance than the quantity of time spent in preparation of JEE Advanced 2019.
- Online and offline resources: There is a lot of information available now online. Forums, articles, lectures and many more for the JEE Advanced preparation. Along with books use the other resources for the latest techniques of the subject to learn and practice.
Finally, adapt accordingly the tips of preparation of JEE Advanced for your specific method of learning for achieving the AIR below 5000.
All the best for the preparation and the exam.