This year JEE Advanced will be conducted by the IITs with the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB) 2019. The rank or result of the candidate will be considered as the basis for the admission to Dual Degree Programs, Bachelors and Integrated Masters. There will be two papers in JEE advanced and both the papers are compulsory. The mode of examination is a computer-based test.
JEE Advanced Important dates:
|Paper||Day||Date of exam||Time||Sessions|
|Paper-1||Sunday||19-May-2019||09:00 AM to 12:00 PM||Session 1|
|Paper-2||Sunday||19-May-2019||02:00 PM to 05:00 PM||Session 2|
- Indians and foreign nationals are eligible for JEE Advanced 2019.
- Foreign nationals need not writer JEE Mains. They can register directly for advanced.
- A score of JEE Main 2019 will be considered. Candidates in top 2, 24,000 All India Rank holders in JEE Main 2019 are eligible
- Age criteria -For general category candidates, age should not be more than 26 years.
- of Attempts – Only 2 times in 2 consecutive years
- Candidates appearing for Class12 or equivalent examination in 2019 are eligible.
- Candidate must hold a minimum 75% marks in class 12 examination or any other equivalent exam or they must be in top 20 percentile candidates within the category-wise rank in their particular examination.
- Students who gave class 12 exam in 2017 but appeared again in 2019, the best of the two exams will be considered for JEE Advanced.
- Aspirants who rejected the seat of IIT earlier will not be eligible for JEE Advanced
- Students who enrolled for any preparatory courses in any of the IITs in the previous academic sessions are eligible to apply
- Candidates who already paid the seat acceptance fees but did not accept the seat are eligible
Registration Process For JEE Advanced 2019
The registration for JEE Advanced starts from May 2019. Students can fill the application form in online mode from the official website of JEE Advanced. You can follow the steps below for the registration for JEE Advanced.
Step 1 – Visit the official JEE Advanced online portal (jeeadv.ac.in). Students need to register themselves by entering a few details.
Step 2 – After completing the registration, the candidate can log in the portal using the username and password generated after registration.
Step 3 – Next after logging in, candidate have to provide their basic details and select the preferred city for the examination
Step 4 –Now you have to upload the scanned copies of the required documents. For this keep ready your scanned photo, signature and other documents mentioned on the official website.
Step 5 – The last step is paying the registration fees. This fee is not refundable nor transferable.
Registration fees for JEE Advanced are different for Indian Nationals and foreigners. Also, it differs from category to category. Below you can find the expected fees for this year JEE Advanced.
|Indian Nationals including PIO or OCI||Female candidates of all categories||INR 1300|
|SC, ST and PWD candidates||INR 1300|
|All Others||NR 2600|
|Foreign Nationals||Candidates from SAARC countries||USD 160|
|Candidates from Non-SAARC countries||USD 300|
JEE Advanced 2019 exam pattern is as follows:
Paper Language: Hindi and English
No. of papers: 2 (Paper 1 and Paper 2)
Categories in question paper: 3 (Physics, Chemistry, and Maths)
Duration of each paper: 3 Hours
Question type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) or Numerical answers
Marking scheme: Marking is not out yet. But it will be disclosed during the examination
The marking scheme keeps changing each year but the paper patterns are the same as mentioned above.
- Following are the guidelines for getting the admit card for JEE advanced:
- Admit card for JEE Advanced 2019 will be released in the 3rd week of May 2019
- It will be made available through online mode only
- Admit card will have student’s name, photograph, signature, and other exam related information
- Along with the admit card, students need to bring one original photo identity proof at the examination center
- In case of any issue with the admit card or any mistakes on it, a candidate can contact the authority, i.e, the Chairman, JEE (Advanced) 2019 coordinating their zonal IIT.
JEE Advanced Result 2019
- The results for JEE Advanced 2019 shall be declared this year June in the 2nd week
- After the result is declared, the All India Ranking Category wise will be available online
- Candidates will also be notified about the results on their registered mobile numbers
- Result cards will not be sent to any student
- For checking the results, candidates need to enter their registration number, email id, date of birth and mobile number on the online portal
- The score of JEE Advanced Paper 1 and Paper 2 is considered for calculating the rank
- The merit list for categories such as OBC, ST, and SC will be separately released and there will be some relaxation in the minimum score for these category candidates
JEE Advanced Counselling
- After the JEE Main, candidates also have to appear for Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) counseling.
- This counseling starts after the result of JEE Advanced is declared.
- JoSSA is responsible for seat allocation to around 100 institutes that include 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 23 IIITs, and some 20 other GFTIs.
- This is a single platform which is responsible for the admission to all undergraduate academic programs.
JEE Advanced is the only competitive exam for entering IIT or any other equivalent institute. Students need to prepare for JEE Advanced completely and well ahead. The best tip can be making a study plan. The syllabus is vast and it can only be achieved with proper time management.
A student appearing for JEE Advanced have more pressure because they have to prepare for 12th, JEE Mains and Advanced mostly in the same year. This can only be done with complete determination and planning. Make a plan in a way that you give sufficiently to each subject. Keep time for revision as well.
Mock tests are organized by the authorities for all the eligible students. So, attempting these mock tests will be of great help. By giving these mock tests you will get an idea of actual examination as for its a replica of the examination and its result will give you an overview of your preparation.
Read Preparation Tips Here: