National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the only medical exam in India for admission to Government and private medical colleges. Except for AIIMS MBBS and JIPMER MBBS, all other medical colleges require NEET. National Testing Agency (NTA) is organizing the NEET 2019 Examination.
The registration already started from 1st November 2018 and the last date for application submission was extended till 7th December 2018. This year NEET exam will be conducted only once. The exam is through offline mode i.e, pen and paper exam.
NEET 2019 Important Dates
|Online application form||1st November 2018|
|Last date of submission of application form||7th December 2018|
|Last date of application fee payment||8th December 2018|
|Correction window starts from||December 2018|
|Admit card||15th April 2019|
|Exam Date||05th May 2019|
|Availability of answer key and OMR sheet||May 2019|
|Exam Result||05th June 2019|
|Counselling||June or July 2019|
Qualifying Exam – 10+2 or any other equivalent from a recognized university
Min. Age Requirement – 17 years as on 31stDecember 2019. There is no maximum age limit
Qualifying Marks – For UR category – 50% and for OBC/SC/ST – 40%, PWD – 45%
Max. Number of Attempts – No limit
Nationality – Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs and Foreign Nationals
NEET 2019 Registration Process
For NEET exam registration you need visit NTA NEET official website. Following are steps for online registration process:
Step 1– Click on “New User Registration” option on the NEET official website.
Step 2– Fill in all the respective fields such as Name, Contact, E-mail and more correctly.
Step 3– After filling this form, the aspirant will receive NEET candidate login details. This is the registration number and password which is required for logging in the portal for downloading the admit card and result. In case, the candidate doesn’t receive these details then they can contact the NTA official helpline.
Step 4– After receiving the candidate login details, next is to fill the application form for the exam. Candidates need to enter accurate details while filling the form.
Step 5– Uploading scanned signature and photograph.
There are certain criteria for the format of photo and signature. They should be in JPEG format. The photograph should be a passport size photo between 10kb to 100kb. Signature size should be 3kb to 20kb.
Important information for photograph and signature:
- Passport size photograph should be with white background
- Candidate’s name and date of photo taken must be there on the photo
- Photo must be taken on or after 1st January 2019
- Computer generated, digitally edited, duplicated, Polaroid photograph will not be accepted.
- The signature must be clear in running handwriting. Just writing full name in the box will not be considered a signature and the application will be liable to rejection.
Once you have scanned photo and signature in the specified format then click on “Choose File” button and upload it.
Step 6– After uploading this scanned signature and photo, click on Next button and you will be directed to exam fees payment page. You can pay the fees by one of these modes – Credit card/debit card/net banking/UPI E-wallet.
Application Fee for NEET 2019
|General and OBC||RS 1400/-|
Step 7– After completing all the above steps, the candidate must take a print of the following important documents for future reference:
- Proof of fees payment that is generated after the candidate pays the fees
- Three copies of the NEET online application confirmation page.
Exam Pattern of NEET Exam
NEET exam contains one paper with 180 multiple choice objective questions. The subjects are Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
- Mode of exam: Offline (pen paper mode)
- Total number of questions: 180
- of question for each section: Physics- 45, Chemistry- 45, Botany- 45, Zoology- 45
- The time duration for the exam: 3 hours (mostly 2PM to 5PM)
(Earlier the time was 10AM to 1PM but NTA changed the time for this year. Keep referring to the official website – ntaneet.nic.in for such notifications)
- Examination Language: NEET 2019 exam will be conducted in 11 languages
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks for each correct answer and 1 negative mark for incorrect answer
Important Information about NEET Examination
- There can be only one application form per candidate. A candidate cannot submit multiple NEET applications.
- NEET application form once submitted cannot be withdrawn in any circumstances, so it is advised to fill the form very carefully and accurately.
- In case, a candidate forgets the password for logging in the NEET portal then it can be retrieved by clicking on forget password option. You will receive password reset link on your registered email id.
- Print all the important documents such as fee payment receipts and application form confirmation.
- There is no offline mode for fees payment. So, don’t send and DD or cheques to NTA.
- There are some video lectures for NEET 2019 given by IIT professors and other subject experts for a detailed explanation of concepts for each subject. These videos are available on the official website.
- For better exam preparation, NTA has provided NEET exam practice centers.
- Finally, as per NTA notification, NEET examination will be conducted only once a year.
Preparation Tips for NEET 2019
NEET is considered as one of the most crucial exams for students who wish to have a medical career. It is one of the toughest entrance exams and needs a lot of preparation and practice. But if aspirants take a positive attitude and plan their studies then there no such exam that they cannot clear.
For NEET, students start preparing with their 12th standard or even in 11th standard. It is good to start well before and have a good amount of time for practice. Refer previous year question paper, keep in mind the syllabus and paper pattern while preparing. Attempt as many mock exams as possible, because it is the same as the main exam, so students can have the real feel of the exam.
So, study well, don’t worry and all the best for your exams…!
Read Preparation Tips Here: