Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee will be conducting the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced 2019. The candidates would get an opportunity to take admission in all the IITs and premium institutes with the rank scored in this exam. It will be held on 19 May 2019 in two sessions (computer-based test mode).
The schedule of the examination is –
|Session 1||Paper-1 (compulsory)||19 May 2019 (Sunday)||9.00am to 12.00pm|
|Session 2||Paper-2 (compulsory)||19 May 2019 (Sunday)||2.00pm to 5.00pm|
Other important dates are: –
|Registration Process Begins||First Week of May 2019|
|Registration Process Ends||Second Week of May 2019|
|Admit Card Release||Second week to Third week of May 2019|
|Result Announcement||Second week of June 2019|
The key to crack the JEE Advanced 2019 examination is to know the ins and outs of the examination. Let us look at the format and the syllabus of the papers.
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Online Test
(Multiple Choice, Numerical Questions, Matching List Questions)
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Duration||3 hours each paper|
|No. of Papers||2 (Paper 1 and Paper 2)|
|Marking Scheme||Different marks allotted to each question|
Each paper consists of three parts – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics. Each part further consists of three sections. The number of marks allotted for the correct answer, negative marking, and partial marking is mentioned for each question or section separately on the paper.
The Important topics for JEE advanced 2019 are: –
Last year, Paper 1 was comparatively easy than Paper 2 and consisted of a total of 54 questions (18 in each part). Mostly basic and fundamental questions were asked. Though, every year, there are a set of questions from out of the syllabus. The students must prepare themselves for such shocks.
The aspirants must be clear about the syllabus of the examination. They should start by making a schedule to study and also, prepare a list of topics and concepts according to their difficulty and importance level. The JEE Advanced Important Topics are: –
- Physics Important Questions –
- A question from Mechanics (Rotational Mechanics and waves) is sure to come. Make sure to be thorough with all the concepts.
- Modern Physics carry a decent amount of weightage in the examination. The concepts of Radioactivity and Photoelectric effect are important.
- The questions asked can also be combined questions, i.e., two or more concepts are used in answering a single question. One of the topics mostly asked is Optics.
- Electricity and Magnetism (LC, RC, LR circuits) and Electromagnetic Induction are scoring topics.
- Thermodynamics (Radiation, Isothermal, Adiabatic and other processes)
- Chemistry Popular Topics –
- Ionic Equilibrium
- Inorganic Qualitative Analysis
- P-Block elements
- Chemical Bonding
- Organic Chemistry (Chemical formula and the organic names)
(Atomic Structure, chemical bonding, chemical kinetics, thermodynamics, equilibrium, nuclear chemistry – a question from all these topics is sure to come)
- Mathematics Important Topics –
- Differential Calculus
- Permutations and Combinations
- Complex Numbers
- Properties of Triangle, Ellipse, Hyperbola, Parabola, Circle
Do not buy hundreds of books as they will confuse you more. Stick to the basic books and buy only the important ones –
- C. Verma (Volume 1 and 2) for Physics
- Das Gupta for algebra and trigonometry
- RD Sharma for Objective type questions
- L. Loney for Coordinate Geometry
- Previous Year Question Paper, DISHA Publication Book
The tips and tricks for the preparation are: –
You need a good combination of speed and accuracy to clear the examination. The accuracy part would come from your understanding of the topics and concepts, but the speed would only improve with practice.
- Stay Motivated
Think Positive. Stay Positive. The number of vacancies and the intake is way less than the number of students appearing for the examination. You need to clear the exam to grab a seat. This won’t be possible if you will be living in a pessimistic world.
- Make Notes
Write down the important information in a register. Make notes of the topics and tricks and of anything that you deem important for the examination. This will help you in the last-minute revision.
The key to crack JEE Advanced 2019 is practice, practice, and practice. Give a lot of mock tests and keep a record of your results to compare and improve on the topics. Be relaxed and eat healthily. Do not panic during the examination. Read all the questions thoroughly and check the marking scheme before starting with the answer.
Stay tuned for more updates on important topics and tips and tricks.
All the best!