Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) 2019 is going to be conducted by NTA for the admission in top institutes of Engineering and Architecture in India. The examination is divided into two phases – JEE MAIN (1 and 2) and JEE Advanced.
The JEE Advanced 2019 examination will be held on 19 May 2019. It will be conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee. The JEE Advanced examination is also divided into two sessions.
JEE Advanced is one of the toughest competitive entrance examinations. The aspirants must start with the preparation from class 11. The syllabus is very similar to that of class 11 and 12 syllabuses of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
The aspirant has to remain positive throughout the whole time to stay in the right mind. Many students start panicking as the date of the examination comes closer. It is okay to feel nervous, but don’t let that interfere with your goal of getting into the prestigious engineering institutes.
Last-minute Tips of Preparation of JEE Advanced
Focus only on Revision –
Do not attempt learning any new topic or concept the last minute. It can create chaos in your head. Revise the already studied concepts and topics. Make sure to maintain a special notebook full of important formulae, equations, concepts, and topics.
The notes should focus on two things:
Important Chapters for JEE Advanced Preparation
Laws of Thermodynamics
Carboxylic Acids and its Derivatives
d-Block and f-Block elements
Alkanes, Alkenes, Alkynes
Application of Derivatives
Limits, Continuity, and Differentiability
Weak chapters or concepts
To identify your weak chapters or concepts, practice a lot of mock tests. Keep a record of their scores and analyze the concepts that go wrong most of the time. Create flashcards to learn and revise those concepts.
Take regular breaks –
Do not stress yourself while you Prepare of JEE Advanced 2019.
If possible, do not do any heavy studying the last minute, instead, try to relax. To de-stress yourself: –
- Meditate at regular intervals: Meditation helps in improving concentration and focus. It also helps in relaxing the nervous mind.
- Eat healthy foods: Eat your greens like spinach, broccoli, beans, etc. Keep a healthy diet with milk twice a day and almonds, cashews, etc.
- Avoid Junk Food: Junk Food is not good for the brain and health. Avoid eating it.
- Listen to relaxing music: You can listen to classical music or instrumental music. Avoid listening to rock songs with hard beats and lyrics.
- Have a proper sleeping schedule: Sleep is as important as food. Keep a healthy sleeping schedule of a minimum of 5 hours and a maximum of 8 hours.
- Go on walks: If you feel tired and unable to focus on your studies, go for a walk. Avoid laying around as it can lower your productivity level.
- Limit your coffee: Coffee increases the level of stress as opposed to the myth of coffee as a stress buster. The caffeine affects the productivity of the brain and pushes it into overdrive, which can lead to more stress and less focus on the studies.
- Know your Test Center: Be sure to google your teat center or visit it one day prior to avoid any surprises or confusion.
- Prepare your to-go bag: Keep all the important documents and stationary for the examination day in your bag. Prepare the bag one day prior to avoid forgetting any document.
On the day of the examination
- Drink Water: Keep yourself hydrated. You don’t want to lose your concentration during the examination because of dehydration.
- Have a light meal: Avoid eating a heavy meal before the examination. Heavy meals usually lead to drowsiness. Have a light meal to avoid sleepiness.
- Be Punctual: Calculate the time to reach the test center. Make sure to reach before the reporting time. Take a good extra 15-30 minutes margin for unexpected traffic jams or unseen events.
- Carry the required documents: Do not forget the admit card and identity proof. Prepare your to-go bag beforehand.
- Stay Calm: Panicking will only lead to disaster. Stay calm. There is nothing that you could do the last moment.
- Strategize your paper: Start with the subject you are fully confident in. Do not waste any extra time on any question.
- Do not discuss papers in the break: Discussing paper can lead to overthinking and losing focus. Avoid discussing the paper and focus on the second session of the paper. Stay calm.
All the best!